source: Executive Education at Yale
This three-day program is taught by distinguished faculty fellows of Yale’s Center for Customer Insights (YCCI) who have collaborated with industry leaders to develop a rigorous, hands-on curriculum grounded in a behavioral economics framework that produces results.
A hidden system of decision-making lies beneath our awareness. Day 1 will give you fundamental knowledge about the sometimes-surprising ways in which consumers decide whether to buy, when to buy, and how much to consume.
- Session 1: A Behavioral Economics Framework: Beliefs, Goals, and Choices
- Session 2: A Two-System Theory of Choice
- Session 3: Designing Choice Architecture
- Session 4: Framing Brand Value
DAY 2: Putting Behavioral Economics to Work
In the second module, we turn our focus to how the latest ideas from behavioral economics can be used to solve your most pressing business challenges.
- Session 5: Framing Price
- Session 6: Understanding Consumer Experiences
- Session 7: Communications: Mindsets and Self-Control
- Session 8: Overcoming Consumer Inertia to Choice
DAY 3: Learning A Better Way To Learn
Behavioral economics can help you not only understand what consumers do, but it can also show you how to learn about what they do. The final module focuses on the lessons of behavioral economics for conducting market research and experimentation in order to build a renewed culture of experimentation.
- Session 9: The Value of Experimentation
- Session 10: Designing Experimentation
- Session 11: Behavioral Lens on Consumer Research